Touchpad not detected/listed - Chromebox

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
texansail23
Level 1
Level 1

Touchpad not detected/listed - Chromebox

Post by texansail23 »

Running Linux Mint 21.1 XFCE on a Dell Chromebook 11 3180 using the MrChromebox/coreboot bios v4.17

The touchpad using the "libinput" driver has been working perfect for the last 6 months, but now it is no longer listed on the "xinput list" or available as a device on the drop-down list through the mouse/touchpad GUI. Plugging in USB mouse works fine.

I tried installing and removing "synaptics" driver with no effect - seems problem is not so much which driver to use it feels like I am a step before that not recognized.

Any help appreciated please.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AlBaz
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Touchpad not detected/listed - Chromebox

Post by AlBaz »

as an option of possible issue..

if you have used Windows on this computer before - disable Windows Boot Manager 0000

to see
sudo efibootmgr

change it to ubuntu boot loader.
to change
sudo efibootmgr --bootorder xxxx,yyyy
texansail23
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Touchpad not detected/listed - Chromebox

Post by texansail23 »

dmesg log shows that the touchpad driver tries to load:

[ 9.577590] elan_i2c i2c-ELAN0000:00: supply vcc not found, using dummy regulator

but as that's the only entry, the hardware seems to not be found / driver doesn't load. Any help is appreciated, at my wits end as to why this was working and now it is not.

Return to “Hardware Support”