can't install Chromium 110

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
blufeld
Level 2
Level 2

can't install Chromium 110

Post by blufeld »

Linux Mint 21.1, can't install Chromium from Software Manager or with Synaptic. Something to do with vera being missing. Is there a procedure to install Chromium on the latest LM?
Last edited by LockBot on Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: can't install Chromium 110

Post by mikeflan »

Try this in a terminal and post the results here in code tags.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install chromium
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Is the Chromium software package not named chromium-browser?
Cf. the package name given on this Linux Mint repository webpage: http://packages.linuxmint.com/list.php?release=vera
Provided my memory serves me right, the corresponding installation command would read sudo apt-get install chromium-browser

By the way, unless I am mistaken, then the current version is 111.x, no longer 110.x.

P.S.:
On older Mint releases the package name used to be chromium-browser, on current releases it is chromium.
Last edited by karlchen on Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Had to correct the package name. It used to be chromium-browser, on recent Mint releases, it is indeed chromium.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
billyswong
Level 8
Level 8

Post by billyswong »

No, it is now just chromium. In full command

Code: Select all

sudo apt install chromium
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

OK. I stand corrected. :oops:
On the same page, which I had linked to, only a bit further down, there is the entry chromium 111.0.5563.64~linuxmint1+vera
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Software & Applications”