i need the command to change some home variable for openaudible

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Noal
Level 2
Level 2

i need the command to change some home variable for openaudible

Post by Noal »

hi
short question, the latest 7.x version of openaudible lost the function to select the path for the whole 2tb of audiobooks. so,now it demands a openaudible_home envoirement variable.
i searched alot,found many commands,but i need one that works for mint mate.
right now it saves stuff in root/openaudible. and thats a no.
it has to change it to /media/veracrypt8/openaudible/ (which is a 8tb ssd. mainly for kindle and audiobooks stuff)

so iam not sure which command works, i wont "try stuff" because this is my working pc, and before i reroll via aptic, i prefer to ask.
thanks for your time
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint Mate 21 (kernel 6.2)
16/32 core, 128 GB ram, 3 M.2 2-8 TB, 7 SSD 2-8 TB, 3HDD 16 TB (adapter), 1Gb dsl, pcloud 54tb
Wakatakakage
Level 3
Level 3

Re: i need the command to change some home variable for openaudible

Post by Wakatakakage »

I do not use openaudible, but this openaudible GitHub issue post sounds similar.
openaudible wrote:New feature: File Menu: Manage Libraries: Switch between different libraries
Noal
Level 2
Level 2

Re: i need the command to change some home variable for openaudible

Post by Noal »

interesting "feature" , but yes,i keep an eye on it, maybe it gets a reply. thanks,but i thought its much more simple,to command it to change a standard path in linux.
i still remember windows (years ago) where i had to point it to the java path,which was simple enough (like javahome=....) sorta
example > many posts point to "export" which i dont know, and the files they change,i dont have as such,or dont wanne touch without atleast have someone who know,what it means.

like export [VARIABLE_NAME]=[variable_value] ,
is that for mate working? and if yes,how to use it, many sites,all talk about differend files,and ways to get about it. like ,whats the value,if i want to define a path.. sorta,like that.
Mint Mate 21 (kernel 6.2)
16/32 core, 128 GB ram, 3 M.2 2-8 TB, 7 SSD 2-8 TB, 3HDD 16 TB (adapter), 1Gb dsl, pcloud 54tb

Return to “Software & Applications”