Upgrade to 21 stops at Timeshift

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
brvcf
Level 2
Level 2

Upgrade to 21 stops at Timeshift

Post by brvcf »

Started the upgrade, gets to the point of checking for a Timeshift 'restore point' doesn't find one.Ran Timeshift, but upgrade doesn't recognize ithat the backupo has been done..
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Upgrade to 21 stops at Timeshift

Post by Cosmo. »

There are multiple riddles.

You say, that TS cannot find the restore points (most likely you mean the snapshots?) and you proceeded with "ran TS". I don't understand, if you was able to run TS from the upgrade tool or not.

And what do you mean with "upgrade doesn't recognize that the backup has been done". Has it really be done? How do you know?

Which system do you currently have: 20.3 or 21?
brvcf
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Upgrade to 21 stops at Timeshift

Post by brvcf »

I have 20.3 with all updates. I guess I never got around to running Timeshift since installing 20.x. So there were no restore points ... i mean Snapshots, same thing essentially. So mintupgrade protested. So I crated a snapshot. Mintupgrade still prompted me to run Timeshift. I just checked and I now have 3 snapshots.

I decided to reboot and restart mintupdate. It appears to be working. Will update when complete or if it fails...

Success! So apparently the answer is to reboot after creating a snapshot if mintupdate doesn't recognize you created one.

After completion, system also updated to 20.1.

Pretty cool to be running an OS supported until 2027 on a 2008-vintage Compaq Presario CQ70-120US (2GHz Dual-Core Intel Pentium T3200, 3GB DDR2)

Return to “Installation & Boot”