Screensaver album art

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gmac
Level 1
Level 1

Screensaver album art

Post by gmac »

Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon on a Dell laptop and an HP desktop. No problems. Love it. This is a "where the heck does it get that from?" question.
I listen to an on-demand streaming service for radio shows, and watch Youtube videos, etc., via Firefox. I see an "album art" image displayed when I click on the tray media controls "double note" icon, and Screensaver when it activates shows that same "album art" image floating around the screen. No problem. Screensaver also does this for Rhythmbox. Whatever is the last media that I play, Screensaver shows the related image. Some of my favourite radio shows' album art images have been changed on the website since a year or two, but Screensaver still shows an image from a previous "album art." I want to know where the album art gets retrieved from (embedded in the stream?, URL in the stream metadata?, etc.) and if I can trace this somehow.
Last edited by LockBot on Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”