[Solved!] "Places" open in Firefox instead of windows

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Apple pi maker
Level 1
Level 1

[Solved!] "Places" open in Firefox instead of windows

Post by Apple pi maker »

Problem: When I click on the LM logo on the far left of the bottom panel and then click on one of the "Places" in the pop up box, Firefox launches and displays a text list of the items in that place. (Clicking on "Computer" brings up a Firefox message about being unable to find that page.) Until a few hours ago, I could click on a place - computer, home, network - and the place would appear as a window filled with icons, and without launching Firefox.

How it happened: I was trying to open a ".chm" file. An internet page said that a .chm file could be opened with a browser, including Firefox. I right-clicked on the .chm file, told the laptop to open it with Firefox, and I guess that I forgot to uncheck the line about always using Firefox. Now, for some reason, it's opening all "places" with Firefox.

Desktop icons open as usual in windows and with icons.

I looked everywhere that seemed likely to let me revert to no-Firefox, but I found nothing even close to a solution. It's not the worst problem in the world, but...help!

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
RIH
Level 9
Level 9

Re: "Places" open in Firefox instead of windows

Post by RIH »

What do you have now under
Menu - Settings - Preferred Applications - (System) File Manager ?
If that says Firefox, then change it to Files...
Apple pi maker
Level 1
Level 1

[Solved!] Re: "Places" open in Firefox instead of windows

Post by Apple pi maker »

Bingo!! Problem solved!!

Many thanks! :D

Return to “MATE”