Can't Sync Google Passwords - Chromium

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Darenqo
Level 1
Level 1

Can't Sync Google Passwords - Chromium

Post by Darenqo »

Hello,
Just down loaded and installed the latest version of Linux Mint this week and I can't get Chromium to sync Chrome book marks and passwords.
When I click the sync button it just asked me to enter my Google Password over and over even though I am already signed into Google.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
diabolicbg
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Can't Sync Google Passwords - Chromium

Post by diabolicbg »

This problem appeared a few years ago. I don't remember exactly, but it was either LM19.3 or 20. It had something to do with Google's permissions to use their servers to sync foreign browsers... Chromium is a cousin of Google Chrome, but it's a foreign development...
At the time, I abandoned Chromium as a second browser.
- You see, in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. - "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

Behind every faulty computer there is a user who did nothing...
Midnight True
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midnight True »

this might give you some idea https://chromium.woolyss.com/#google-api-keys
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

Google stopped syncing chromium across different PCs over a year ago. One way of trying to force you to use chrome.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0

Return to “Beginner Questions”