Pictures don't load on Social Site Nextdoor.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gael33
Level 4
Level 4

Pictures don't load on Social Site Nextdoor.

Post by gael33 »

Hi, I'm on a social site called 'Nextdoor', it's a place where local residents can send messages to each other. The problem is that pictures/photos don't load on my computer. They load with no problem on my smartphone but not on the computer. I asked other people who use Nextdoor and they tell me that pictures/photos show up without a problem. My conclusion is that maybe it's because I use Linux Mint 21.1 and other people are using Microsoft or Apple and I'm missing something. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Gael.
Last edited by LockBot on Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
Saor Alba Gu Brath
dave0808
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Pictures don't load on Social Site Nextdoor.

Post by dave0808 »

In the first instance, check your browser and whichever addons you have installed. There's a good chance that an addon is blocking something.

You could open up the browser's developer tools and look at the network requests. This will look daunting, but you should see any blocked requests (in red) and there could be an explanation (e.g. "Blocked by uBlock Origin").

Return to “Beginner Questions”