Upgrade to Mint 21: archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu does not support jammy

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Handerix123
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrade to Mint 21: archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu does not support jammy

Post by Handerix123 »

Hi,

I have just upgraded my Mint from 19.2 to 20.3. Right now I wanna upgrade it to Mint 21, but I've reached such strange issue:

I have checked /etc/apt/sources.list and it's empty. I have made preparation steps from https://linuxmint-user-guide.readthedoc ... nt-20.html. Everything looks clear.

Architecture: 64-bit, Virtualbox
Last edited by LockBot on Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Midnight True
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Upgrade to Mint 21: archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu does not support jammy

Post by Midnight True »

Hi and WElcome to the forum

This might help, navigate to Software Sources ---> Official Repositories ---> Mirrors ---> Change both Main and Base to location with faster internet speed
kato181
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Upgrade to Mint 21: archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu does not support jammy

Post by kato181 »

Doing an upgrade form all those versions of LM is only asking for trouble. Software from earlier versions of LM are not supported in LM21.
Back up your important files and do a fresh install of LM21.
You should acquaint yourself with the forum rules with regards to Sect5. Information is required of the system you are using. In terminal copy & paste the following command and post the results back here in between the code display brackets 5th icon above the text box.

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz

Return to “Software & Applications”