(Solved) LM 20.3 Una: - no longer means minimise but CLOSE!

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jbh911
Level 4
Level 4

(Solved) LM 20.3 Una: - no longer means minimise but CLOSE!

Post by jbh911 »

Ooops: - no longer means minimise for Firefox, Chromium, LibreOffice apps but CLOSE! Change appears to have occurred since Friday 30 Mar. Unfortunately I don't have a snapshot for 30 Mar 23 to prove the point.
Also the ability to upgrade to LM 21.1 Vera has disappeared from the Welcome screen. Can that facility be retrieved? As that upgrade would solve the current issue as I have LM 21.1 Vera running on a tower and it's functioning correctly.
:?
Last edited by LockBot on Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: LM 20.3 Una ??

Post by Cosmo. »

I cannot confirm, possibly this is an account problem.
Open Users & Groups and create a new account for testing. Reboot and log into the new account. How does it appear there?
jbh911
Level 4
Level 4

LM 20.3 Una ??

Post by jbh911 »

Thanks Cosmo

Your correct, logged into the new account and the min function works as normal, leaving the minimised page on the bottom panel and not closing it.
I'm running Mate.

So, what next? :D
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: LM 20.3 Una: - no longer means minimise but CLOSE!

Post by karlchen »

Let me make an educated guess:
The "Window List" applet has been removed from the bottom panel by accident.

Consequence:
Minimized applications will not be visible in the bottom panel any longer. You cannot restore their windows by clicking on their icons in the bottom panel.

Solution:
Re-add the "Windows List" applet to the bottom panel again.

Detailled Steps:
Sorry, cannot give them without knowing which desktop environment is in use (Cinnamon, xfce or Mate).
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
jbh911
Level 4
Level 4

Re: LM 20.3 Una ??

Post by jbh911 »

Following return to normal login, Thunderbird window minimised correctly, but not Firefox nor Chromium.

karlchen's suggestion: Re-added Windows List applet to bottom panel -- and whoo, bottom panel filled up with windows that I'd been in for the last few days! the missing ones? Ones I hadn't noticed close.
I'll get this update submitted and recheck minimize functions again - and will report back. :D

Success: Minimise function back to normal.

Point taken re subject heading

Thanks Cosmo and karlchen.

Return to “Software & Applications”