[Solved] After recent updates, involving Mint and KDE 5.24 Conky window transparency stops working

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nmbronz
Level 1
Level 1

[Solved] After recent updates, involving Mint and KDE 5.24 Conky window transparency stops working

Post by nmbronz »

After updates that involved both Linux Mint and KDE, my Conky transparent windows changed to black background windows :(

Following several weeks of working on this issue off and on, and posts about this or that correct settings in the rc files which did not resolve the issue. The thing was that prior to the updates everything was working fine, so it was something in one of the updates that caused and issue.

I have the following setup:
Linux Mint 20.3
KDE Plasma Version: 5.68.0
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.68.0
Qt Version: 5.12.8
Kernel 5.4.0-135-generic
OS Type 64-bit
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nmbronz
Level 1
Level 1

Re: After recent updates, involving Mint and KDE 5.24 Conky window transparency stops working

Post by nmbronz »

I found a post that advised "Shift+Alt+F12 should toggle the compositor."

Post reference: KDE after update not working transparency on conky this was with a user using ArchLinux.

This spoke of an issue with the compositor needing to be reset. "Shift+Alt+F12" did not do this for me, but this article is pointing to an issue with the compositor in ArchLinux, so I went to settings and typed in compositor, and that brought up a settings window for the compositor.

There is a checkbox that says "allow applications to block compositing", I unchecked that and my transparent windows immediately went transparent,
- :D

Conky transparent windows are now working.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”