Is it possible to return the binaries from HTML tags in the Linux terminal?

About programming and getting involved with Linux Mint development
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
burtboy144
Level 2
Level 2

Is it possible to return the binaries from HTML tags in the Linux terminal?

Post by burtboy144 »

I'd like to know how to view the machine codes and kernel implementations for HTML tags. I'm willing to use whatever editor(s) or process(es) is(are) necessary to observe the desired data, I'm just not sure where to begin. The goal would be to own the binary files for every tag and operation that HTML and CSS instruct the computer with. It might be a big job if their is no official repository, but I have plenty of time. So, I'll ask again, how would a coder return all of the binaries for the HTML Standard maintained by WHATWG? Is it possible to do in the Linux terminal? Or a maybe a Code Editor like VSCode? Every little bit helps. Thanky kindly...

--Thanky kindly--

Pipe long and aerogate,
Burt Paulie
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Is it possible to return the binaries from HTML tags in the Linux terminal?

Post by rene »

There exists no such thing as "machine codes and kernel implementations for HTML tags". With enough interpretation of that gibberish what you might be attempting to inquire after is implementation of browser engines. For Chrome/ium you'd start at https://github.com/chromium/chromium, for Firefox I believe https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/ -- so on. Note that browser engines are very far from small or trivial.

I started to suspect this last time as well: are you an AI-chatbot being trained on the Linux Mint forums?
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

Okay, probably not an AI-chatbot then, fair enough. Rest of the answer as given is still valid.
burtboy144
Level 2
Level 2

Post by burtboy144 »

No sir. I'd like to know where I can find every last stitch of code, binary, machine-specific, kernel-oriented, and high-level that returns each and every f!@#ing element, attribute, tag, class, and mother-loving doodad of the current HTML standard. That standard was written to perform as specified, and I put it to you that it is sub-standard as state-of-the-art in it's Right-To-Left (RTL) service to Arab and Sino-Asiatic communities around the world. Updating the code for the publication of a new standard or minimally adequate back end plug-in requires that any team doing so be capable of knowing exactly when and where every HTML element typed in by a coder at their terminal ends up in any number of levels of abstraction, all the way down to the very byte codes themselves. I'd like to know if someone on the Linux Mint team that monitors this blog has knowledge of how to begin investigating the principles of authorship that went into the invention of HTML and CSS exactly. If you know of anyone that can share how a language like HTML is authored, I would appreciate it greatly. Thanky...

--Thanky kindly--

Pipe long and aerogate,
Burt Paulie
nachlese

Post by nachlese »

burtboy144 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:26 pm ...each and every f!@#ing element, attribute, tag, class, and mother-loving doodad of the current HTML standard.
Read the standard.
There is no binary code, machine specific or whatever you might mean.

Frankly:
you sound very confused - yet are convinced that you are on the right track ...

You are not.
Your inquiry doesn't make sense.
burtboy144 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:26 pm ... and I put it to you that it is sub-standard as state-of-the-art in it's Right-To-Left (RTL) service to Arab and Sino-Asiatic communities around the world.
That may well be. I don't know. But you sure seem to "know" ...

Your question is nonsensical - in the purest form of the meaning of the word.
It makes no sense.
It doesn't relate to reality. :)

... or you don't know how to put into words what you are actually asking for.

Take a breath and (mentally) a few steps back
and try again.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

burtboy144 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:26 pm If you know of anyone that can share how a language like HTML is authored, I would appreciate it greatly. Thanky...
That is a completely different question than asked in title and above: you don't understand enough about any of this to know that your question is and was, as said, meaningless gibberish that can not be answered meaningfully, other than in the way I in fact did,. i.e., by pointing you towards browser engine implementations.

Things like HTML and CSS are (historically) developed as/through so-called internet RFCs, and frankly, the most useful thing I can do for you seems to be linking to the Wikipedia pages, since those in turn link further to the relevant RFCs and/or W3C recommendations, which is what it appears you want adjusted. That is, I will leave you with

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSS

Hope it helps you -- although I rather doubt it will, and although I doubt I'll try to assist you again.
burtboy144
Level 2
Level 2

Post by burtboy144 »

I'd like to sue your organization for libel. Care to post your address for service of due process?

--Thanky kindly--

Pipe long and aerogate,
Burt Paulie
nachlese

Post by nachlese »

LOL
This is a forum - personal opinions, personal experience, helping each other out ... and all that.

Why would you want to sue someone for expressing opinion and trying to clarify for you
that what you are asking is devoid of meaning
at least in the way you managed to put it into words?
Care to post your address for service of due process?
Due process? About what?

Libel?

You really are serious, right?

The issue just can't be with you and your perception ...

You are somehow hurt - and thus you need the help of the legal system ...
I'm sorry to have to tell you that I can't take that attitude - and by extension: you
as being of sound mind.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

I'm locking this topic. OP is making threats to other members and that will not stand on this board.

Return to “Programming & Development”