SOLVED: Cannot “drag” icons in Cinnamon (5.6.8) panel

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LK51
Level 2
Level 2

SOLVED: Cannot “drag” icons in Cinnamon (5.6.8) panel

Post by LK51 »

Using Linux Mint 21.1 with Cinnamon 5.6.8

Tried searching for this issue, but to no avail…

Have used current versions of Mint with Cinnamon desktop for many years. One of my most valued features has been to create panel shortcuts for frequently used packages and arrange them in the “left” panel according to frequency of use. Because of age/eyesight I increase the panel height to 48px, and “intelligently hide” the panel.

Recently noticed my icons had been “somehow” re-arranged without my input and the only system changes being normal updates offered by Update Manager. For the life of me I can’t find a way to drag the panel icons to create my preferred sequence as I’ve always done before. Any of you folks encountered this problem? Found a solution?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LK51
Level 2
Level 2

Re: SOLVED: Cannot “drag” icons in Cinnamon (5.6.8) panel

Post by LK51 »

Found the solution via "Grouped Window List" applet I believe. Apparently this applet was included when upgrading LM version and the selection "Group windows by application" was turned on. I turned that selection off and was able to arrange panel icons as desired.

Thanks to all who viewed this post.

Return to “Software & Applications”