Standard Linux user cannot fully load Office.com

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dmt_alpha
Level 1
Level 1

Standard Linux user cannot fully load Office.com

Post by dmt_alpha »

Hi!

Hopefully I am asking my question in the right sub-forum. Apologies if not. Let me know. Here is what the issue is:

1) Somewhat new install of Linux Mint (kids laptop for their Birthday last month), updated up until today's available updates.

2) The admin user (my user) opens Office.com just fine through the browser, and is able to load the online version of Powerpoint

3) Freshly created Standard user, however, loads the page only partially, and even after login, the Office.com dash does not display icons, and the individual Office apps refuse to load. By "freshly created" I mean that there is literary 0 (zero) actions carried out between the creation of the user by the admin, logging out, signing in as the standard user, then opening Firefox and office.com.

Is there any specific permission that a standard Linux user needs to have in order to fully load pages? I've been scouring for solution for the past hour, but cannot find anyone who's had a similar problem.
Last edited by LockBot on Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Other topics”