Skype audio noise cancelling under Linux not working

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
phil92
Level 1
Level 1

Skype audio noise cancelling under Linux not working

Post by phil92 »

I need to use Skype a lot for conferences (much more than I want) and I am in a place which is very noisy! Fortunately, Skype improved quite a bit recently with Noise Cancelling, and under Windows I can have 4 options (Low,medium,high and auto). Setting my mic audio settings to high noise cancelling really works wonder and all my Skype partners do not even hear that my space is very noisy. If I put it to 'auto' or even worse 'medium' they complain a lot.
Here the official documentation: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA3486 ... s-in-skype

Now for the last weeks, I try to use even my Linux Mint OS for my work and I installed Skype and I wanted to set the same audio settings, however under Linux my Skype audio settings are much simpler. There are no 4 options (just auto audio settings) but my partners in Skype can hear the noise.

I wonder if Skype is different under Linux or I downloaded an old or wrong version?
Last edited by LockBot on Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”