Mint Won't Boot After Restart

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
7heaven
Level 1
Level 1

Mint Won't Boot After Restart

Post by 7heaven »

I finally tried to get my Brother MFC-7220 working yesterday, which I did. Then this morning I went to use Firefox which was open from yesterday but it was acting funny so I closed it and then it disappeared! Just gone, BAM! So closed down all programs and then restarted and now it won't boot?

Probably has to do with the brother printer install. Which I followed the instructions from the brother website at this link:

https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloa ... 7220_us_as

I chose (deb) and then just followed the instructions? Everything seemed fine until the firefox incident? So I am lost? As I am a beginner and do not know what to do with the command prompt? As now it asks for user login: and password and instead of booting it gives the command prompt.

So Lost...
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Mint Won't Boot After Restart

Post by mikeflan »

Howdy.
I closed it and then it disappeared!
That is expected behavior.
So closed down all programs and then restarted and now it won't boot?
What does it do instead of booting?
Probably has to do with the brother printer install.
I doubt it, but it is possible. In that case I would live boot the install USB, mount the OS drive, start Timeshift in the live boot, and restore an older snapshot.
7heaven
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mint Won't Boot After Restart

Post by 7heaven »

What I meant by disappeared is, it uninstalled itself somehow. After I closed firefox I went to reopen it and it was gone completely wasn't in the menu or the sidebar, so I don't know how that happened? Again all I did was close it?

Here is a link to paste bin on my boot issue:

http://sprunge.us/EBY6yL

I have it back up now using your suggestion of timeshift so thank you for that but hoping someone would have a look at the link to see what happened.

Return to “Installation & Boot”