slade3 audio problems and me not understanding pulseaudio.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
forgetablepyromaniac
Level 1
Level 1

slade3 audio problems and me not understanding pulseaudio.

Post by forgetablepyromaniac »

So, I'm using Slade3, and whenever it's open, everything including slade3 starts to crackle.
This is described in the FAQ (https://slade.mancubus.net/index.php?pa ... ng-%26-FAQ) and they link to this archlinux wiki article: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PulseA ... leshooting, specifically in regards to section 4.1

I want to:
a - make sure these instructions actually work for mint before I even attempt it (because, yknow, archwiki. but PulseAudio is used in plenty of distros, so idk)
b - make sure I don't screw it up.

Could someone explain this for me? I am not the brightest bulb in the box. Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: slade3 audio problems and me not understanding pulseaudio.

Post by Hoser Rob »

There's a pretty broad scope in that section 4.1, esp. without knowing your system.

Arch wikis are excellent, I've used them way, way more to fix things in Mint than this forum, but Arch is not beginner friendly.

Does slade have a support forum or similar as well as a wiki?

WHatever you do, before you start messing around with the system like this, learn how to use Timeshift and take a snapshot first.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
forgetablepyromaniac
Level 1
Level 1

Re: slade3 audio problems and me not understanding pulseaudio.

Post by forgetablepyromaniac »

Hoser Rob wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:47 am There's a pretty broad scope in that section 4.1, esp. without knowing your system.

Arch wikis are excellent, I've used them way, way more to fix things in Mint than this forum, but Arch is not beginner friendly.

Does slade have a support forum or similar as well as a wiki?

WHatever you do, before you start messing around with the system like this, learn how to use Timeshift and take a snapshot first.
Slade does not, but it does have a github bug tracker. Already been explained in the wiki and stuff though so I assume i'd either get the same information and it'd close or they'd just direct me there and close it.

I don't really touch timeshift tbh, mostly from bad experience last time I used it (would slow things to a CRAWL after ~10 minutes of usage unless I turned it off), but if I can turn off the automatic backups and only create backups whenever I choose, I guess that would be alright.

Return to “Software & Applications”