Is there support for Wifi-projectors?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MenthaSuaveolens
Level 3
Level 3

Is there support for Wifi-projectors?

Post by MenthaSuaveolens »

Recently I was invited to give a presentation on Linux. I prepared 30 slides with LibreOffice Impress on LM Cinnamon 21.1. When I arrived at the location, they handed my over some kind of usb-dongle for casting my laptop-screen. This didn't work out, so they handed me over a Windows-laptop!
I searched afterward for a solution. I found that mkchromecast or gnome-network-displays could be a solution for casting a laptop-screen to a projector. But gnome-network-displays is still experimental. Is there any standard-application to cast a screen to a wifi-projector? Are there linux-drivers available for these kinds of dongles? Anyhow, trying to figure out how to connect to a projector at the moment your audience arrives isn't good for mental state.
Last edited by LockBot on Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pit38
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Is there support for Wifi-projectors?

Post by pit38 »

Hi from France
I am in front of the same problem.
The projector connected to the Wifi network is from ACER.
My laptop is an old Dell 5470 running under Linux Mint 21.2

Thank you for any help, the presentation will take place this wednesday.
It will be not possible to use a Windows PC as the goal is to present Linux Mint, plus the fact thar some attendees are Windows fans !

Edit after some search and a test at the location of the projector :
--> After installing Gnome Display Network (flatpak) AND after disabling the fire wall, it works and seems to be stable.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”