HopToDesk Remote Desktop app image version - cannot connect

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
trebormints
Level 2
Level 2

HopToDesk Remote Desktop app image version - cannot connect

Post by trebormints »

Hi I recently discovered HopToDesk, it's Remote Desktop software like TeamViewer but open source.

I am trying to use the appimage version but when I click Connect nothing happens.
I have tried two different Linux computers and they both have the same problem. The Windows client seems fine.

I am wondering if this is a permissions related issue as I am running the appimage version?
Last edited by LockBot on Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon and MATE- installed onto several different desktops and laptops; AMD and Intel CPUs.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: HopToDesk Remote Desktop app image version - cannot connect

Post by mikeflan »

Hi. Are you willing to try RustDesk:
https://rustdesk.com/

Other report success with that. I don't use either.
trebormints
Level 2
Level 2

Re: HopToDesk Remote Desktop app image version - cannot connect

Post by trebormints »

Hi, thanks, I would use RustDesk (I use on Windows) but I didn't want to install the .deb file.

HopToDesk appears to be almost the same, but offered an AppImage, which I found more convenient.

I am currently exploring using RDP on Windows and the Vinagre client in Linux Mint (from the Software Manager), which seems to be pretty good.
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon and MATE- installed onto several different desktops and laptops; AMD and Intel CPUs.

Return to “Software & Applications”