My DE just closes if I alt+tab a game.

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rayser
Level 3
Level 3

My DE just closes if I alt+tab a game.

Post by Rayser »

Playing a game with a video open, and some browser tabs. If I click the alt+tab my DE crashes and appears the Login Window.

First I thought that was because If I was playing without a GPU card, only the Ryzen graphics from the processor. But even after a bought a proper GPU I cannot simple alt tab my games if I have a video or something more heavy on the background. 16gb RAM should be enough too.

I think it's a problem with Cinnamon or Xorg because when I tested the Gnome(Wayland) my DE never crashed even with a lot apps/videos open on the background. Games are very lightly, CS:GO for example.

Anyone have a similar problem? Should be the Cinnamon or the Xorg?
Last edited by LockBot on Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Neigdoig
Level 3
Level 3

Re: My DE just closes if I alt+tab a game.

Post by Neigdoig »

I had never had this issue while using Cinnamon with X.

Maybe you didn't set things up properly?
Rayser
Level 3
Level 3

Re: My DE just closes if I alt+tab a game.

Post by Rayser »

Neigdoig wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:24 pm I had never had this issue while using Cinnamon with X.

Maybe you didn't set things up properly?
How?

Return to “Gaming”