Canon MF4570dn prints but does not scan

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mikea105
Level 2
Level 2

Canon MF4570dn prints but does not scan

Post by mikea105 »

I was using Mint 17.3, and everything worked perfectly. Now I've installed Mint 21, then downloaded and installed the latest printer drivers from Canon and ran "sudo install.sh" for the install script that came with the driver. This is a network printer. When the script prompted me to install the printer, it went fine with no problems. The printer prints perfectly. However, when I try to run XSANE or the "Document Scanner" that came with Mint 21, I get a message that no scanners are detected. The scanner worked fine in Mint 17.2 and 17.3. The firewall is NOT the problem, as I not only configured it correctly, but also tested the scanner with the firewall completely off and have the same problem. Can anyone suggest something that might get the scanner working now? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
Last edited by LockBot on Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dirtcooker
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Canon MF4570dn prints but does not scan

Post by dirtcooker »

uninstall IPP and install the canon mf drivers, then reboot. My mf4270 and mf4880 print and scan via usb and ethernet nicely from master pdf and other apps. I also install cups and sane:

sudo apt remove ipp-usb sane-airscan

sudo apt-get install cups -y
#canon printer driver
chmod +x linux-UFRII-drv-v360-usen/install.sh
sudo bash linux-UFRII-drv-v360-usen/install.sh
sudo apt-get install -f -y
#http://localhost:631 to configure printer via cups. enter your username/pswrd

Return to “Printers & Scanners”