Updates breaks

Questions about Grub, the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
prisma7411
Level 1
Level 1

Updates breaks

Post by prisma7411 »

Hello
I freshly installed Linux Mint LMDE5. Now it tells me there are 145 updates to do. In the update management it always breaks with the following message:

Code: Select all

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/python3-ldb_2%3a2.2.3-2~deb11u2_amd64.deb: »neues python3-ldb-Skript des Paketes pre-removal«-Unterprozess gab den Fehlerwert 1 zurück
What can i do?
Thanks in advance
Jakob
Last edited by LockBot on Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sleeper12
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Updates breaks

Post by sleeper12 »

Try this & post any errors:

sudo dpkg --configure -a
prisma7411
Level 1
Level 1

Post by prisma7411 »

Das ist dieses Problem:
This is this problem:

sudo dpkg --configure -a
[sudo] Passwort für XXX:               
xed (3.2.8+elsie) wird eingerichtet ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/py3compile", line 34, in <module>
    from debpython.version import SUPPORTED, debsorted, vrepr, \
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'debpython.version'
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Paketes xed (--configure):
 »installiertes xed-Skript des Paketes post-installation«-Unterprozess gab den Fehlerwert 1 zurück
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Paketes xviewer-plugins (--configure):
 Paket ist in einem sehr schlechten inkonsistenten Zustand - Sie sollten es
 nochmal installieren, bevor Sie die Konfiguration versuchen.
dpkg: Abhängigkeitsprobleme verhindern Konfiguration von python3-ldb:
 python3-ldb hängt ab von libldb2 (= 2:2.2.3-2~deb11u1); aber:
  Version von libldb2:amd64 auf dem System ist 2:2.2.3-2~deb11u2.

dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Paketes python3-ldb (--configure):
 Abhängigkeitsprobleme - verbleibt unkonfiguriert
dpkg: Abhängigkeitsprobleme verhindern Konfiguration von xed-dbg:
 xed-dbg hängt ab von xed (= 3.2.8+elsie); aber:
  Paket xed ist noch nicht konfiguriert.

dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Paketes xed-dbg (--configure):
 Abhängigkeitsprobleme - verbleibt unkonfiguriert
python3-pyqt5 (5.15.2+dfsg-3) wird eingerichtet ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/py3compile", line 34, in <module>
    from debpython.version import SUPPORTED, debsorted, vrepr, \
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'debpython.version'
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Paketes python3-pyqt5 (--configure):
 »installiertes python3-pyqt5-Skript des Paketes post-installation«-Unterprozess gab den Fehlerwert 1 zurück
Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
 xed
 xviewer-plugins
 python3-ldb
 xed-dbg
 python3-pyqt5
Orginal-Installation LMDE5 from LinuxMint download
David Chiang
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Updates breaks!

Post by David Chiang »

I was confronted with similar problems in the course of a new installation on another computer in the last few days. What I can say with certainty is that the system as a whole is extremely vulnerable and completely insecure during the installation process! At this point, I would also like to expressly issue a warning to all users: For the time being, refrain from any new installation as long as these problems have not been solved!

For me it was clear in the last four days how vulnerable and inconsistent the software in LMDE5 is overall. How can it be that an existing application suddenly stops working during an installation process? Why is the system telling you that a possible installation can only be continued if you remove certain libraries beforehand, without saying immediately which ones, and replace them with others manually, which, however, initially impairs the function of other applications? The time it takes just to find out exactly where the problem is is immense. The matter only becomes really painful when the affected program is none other than "Mintinstall" of all things. :o

It was only after a nerve wracking search in Synaptic that I was able to see exactly what was blocking the installation process and then step by step eliminate several problems. I had a total of 330 objects (packages, programs and other system components) to be installed. It soon became apparent that the order of the updates plays an important role here, but the system apparently has no control over which priorities are to be set in the order. The most important thing about the updates are the program extensions, only then should the security updates be processed gradually. Only after about 85% of all components were installed was the system, including Mintinstall, error-free and fully operational again.

I had never seen anything like this with Mint before, something that probably unsettles every user. :|
LMDE 5 Elsie (64-bit), Linux Kernel 5.10.0, Cinnamon 5.6.8, inxi 3.3.28;
HTPC: ASUS TUF B450M-Pro Gaming, 3.6 GHz AMD Ryzen 7 3700X (8 cores),
AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100, 2 × 4 TiB Seagate BarraCuda ES.3, 4 × 16 GiB HyperX Predator DDR4;
Tolayon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Tolayon »

LMDE 5 is quite old now, and as far as I know the ISO doesn't get updated until brandnew LMDE 6 will be out.

What I do when I install distros from such old ISOs, right after installation, before the first login, I descend into a TTY and apply a system update from there (in case something in the GUI might be wonky).
In the case of Debian-based distros, that would include a "dist-upgrade" after the "update" part.
jwiz
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jwiz »

If LMDE breaks the updates because the installed ISO is 'too old', then LMDE is just a shitty distro.

Return to “Installation & Boot”