League of Legends not even starting

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ShroudTDM
Level 1
Level 1

League of Legends not even starting

Post by ShroudTDM »

I am quite new to linux mint gaming. Been following some youtube guides to install League of Legends via lutris. NVIDIA drivers are up to date. There were no problems with installation, i did not log in during the installation. I have installed 2 versions, first on another drive and second on home drive (was having problems with ownership of the drive in the past). Non of these 2 versions start, game is just "launching" continuously. No errors. Logs are clear.

Saw that wine prefix was pointed at a folder without the needed LeagueClient.exe - showed right folder - nothing changed. This is my first experience with lutris so it could be not League of Legends specific problem.

Would be grateful for any advice. Many thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Teadrinker
Level 3
Level 3

Re: League of Legends not even starting

Post by Teadrinker »

Hi!
I haven't played this game myself but have noticed the existence of a LoL specific lutris runner.. maybe try with it?
https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/wine ... 7-GE-1-LoL
BTW it might be possible to install this (probably an older version though) directly from Lutris itself by hovering your mouse over "Runners" section on bottom left, in front of "Wine" and a flag will appear. Click on the flag and you will see a list of runners that you can download. After downloading you will need to launch the game using the downloaded runner.

BTW 2: If you have already tried the above, try downloading yet another GE-LoL from runners list (an older version) then try launching the game using that, then again change the runner to the latest one. For some reason this has worked for me IDK why... (changing runner, game does not run, change to another runner, it now suddenly works!!)
ShroudTDM
Level 1
Level 1

Re: League of Legends not even starting

Post by ShroudTDM »

Hi! Thank you for your advice.

I actually found a way. The reviews in software manager are in absolute favor of the flathub version of lutris. And basic version has comments describing my exact situation. So i changed the version of lutris and it works fine now. Launcher is slow on any platform, but the game itself runs close to perfect.

Return to “Gaming”