Qbittorrent opens up after clicking any notification.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rafi_hasan0178
Level 1
Level 1

Qbittorrent opens up after clicking any notification.

Post by rafi_hasan0178 »

Qbittorrent opens up from system tray after clicking any notification from Skype, Telegram or any other messaging platform.

It is becoming really annoying when chatting. Tried to find any solution but failed :(
Last edited by LockBot on Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MiZoG
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Qbittorrent opens up after clicking any notification.

Post by MiZoG »

Hey, rafi_hasan0178!
Version of Mint (and system info if y pls inxi -Fxxxrz?
Has this happened repeatedly on more than one sessions? Might be a temporary glitch.
It will also help to let us know how you installed Qbittorrent (distro package, qbittorrent ppa, flatpak?)
Shaolin12
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Shaolin12 »

I note this hasn't been solved since 2022, and I too get exactly the same annoying behaviour since version LM 20.1.

Qbitorrent is the full, non-flatpak version downloaded from qbittorrent (the distro version has less features and the same annoying bug).

Whenever I click on a notification for Signal messenger, Qbitorrent pops up (if running in system tray).

This is not a temporary issue, and has followed me from uprgrade from LM20.1 to LM20.3.

Any system notification popup will trigger Qbitorrent to also annoyingly pop up, a real issue when trying to answer Signal calls, as Qbitorrent always gets in the way first.

I am on Linux Mint 20.3 with Cinnamon Desktop 5.2.7, Kernel 5.15.0-73-generic.
MiZoG
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MiZoG »

Since this is not happening to me on LM 21.1 Cinnamon and I don't recall happening on older versions either...
it might be due to a modification done to your desktop and especially if you upgraded to 20.3 and not fresh-installed your system the bug could be inherited from the earlier version of Mint as long as you retained your customizations.

Right-click on system on the cinnamon bottom bar --> Troubleshoot --> Restore all settings to default
CAREFUL you lose your customizations, ensure you have taken a backup of your user settings.

Safer: create a new user with default desktop settings and launch Qbittorrent from there.

Other directions to look into: graphical glitches, display manager / compositor (you have to post your specs - if you decide to come back on this I recommend creating a new thread) etc.
Shaolin12
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Shaolin12 »

Thanks Mizog, I'll give that a try. I didn't do a fresh install as the journey from 20.1 to 20.3 were point upgrades, but I take your point that it could be a leftover issue carried through the upgrade process, makes sense.

Return to “Beginner Questions”