Hello from Alabama :)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tinkicker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello from Alabama :)

Post by Tinkicker »

Hi, everyone!

I joined this forum back in 2021 in the midst of a grand tour of every Linux distro I came across, looking for a good, light one for my Acer E11 from 2015 that I really enjoy writing on. It can't handle Windows, even with an SSD, since it's a Celeron N2840, so the goal was to reduce system lag distractions that were taking me out of my fiction writing "zone". No telling how many forums I've joined, but never even posted because of immediately finding an (for me, then) insurmountable performance problem. I had started my Linux experience back in 2012 or so, and the first distro I found to be easy enough for a Windows user like me to enjoy was Linux Mint.

Now I'm on a Dell 3189 my wife gifted me, which is a four thread machine, so for a writing machine there's no stumbling block there anymore. Having run a gamut from Debian to Fedora and Arch, I've enjoyed the trip...quite the learning experience!...and now I'm back to Ubuntu Mint after running LMDE5 for a while, only because it feels a little smoother. I do like the idea of not being dependent on Canonical for anything, though. After all, I left Windows to get away from the corporations...and because I'm tech-frugal. I thoroughly enjoy recycling old tech into better-than-new performance. Linux sure is great for that.

All of you have a happy, peaceful Memorial Day weekend...and remember the ones who died to give us what we have.
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Currently running Linux Mint on an Acer E15-575G-57D4, and LMDE6 on a Lenovo T430. Planning on optimizing Mint to boot faster on my Dell Latitude 3189, Acer E11, and Acer C710 Chromebook.
BwingBob
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Hello from Alabama :)

Post by BwingBob »

Hey, Welcome to the forums. I am a Alabamian on exile in Texas.

Roll Tide.
Bob
Pop_OS! 22.04 {Dell Inspiron 15 5510}
Linux Mint Cinnamon 21 {Minisforum UM700}
Pop_OS! Thelio Mira ;-)
We have met the enemy and he is us. - Pogo
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Welcome to the forums.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
Tinkicker
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tinkicker »

BwingBob wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:09 am Hey, Welcome to the forums. I am a Alabamian on exile in Texas.

Roll Tide.
Bob
Roll Tide, Bob! Thanks for the welcome. (And we miss you here!)
Currently running Linux Mint on an Acer E15-575G-57D4, and LMDE6 on a Lenovo T430. Planning on optimizing Mint to boot faster on my Dell Latitude 3189, Acer E11, and Acer C710 Chromebook.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello Tinkicker,
Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums, enjoy!
From a Maine guy who spent almost a Year in AL stationed at Ft. Rucker back in 1969.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608

Return to “Introduce Yourself”