With last upgrade my rtl8812au driver, my USB AC600 wifi don't work

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LINUXmintUSER
Level 1
Level 1

With last upgrade my rtl8812au driver, my USB AC600 wifi don't work

Post by LINUXmintUSER »

Good day, i write here after 3 or 4 hours of test and search help in this forum and others forums and nothing.
My Linux is the last v21.1, my Kernel is the last 5.15.0-73-generic.
My Kernel and also the others old Kernels work fine with the old driver (1yr ago) from:
repository ppa:kelebek333/kablosuz
rtl8812au-dkms 5.6.2 version - default branch
rtl8812au-old-dkms based 5.2.20 version/branch
rtl8812au-next-dkms based 5.7.0 version/branch
or from
git clone https://github.com/abperiasamy/rtl8812A ... _linux.git

Yesterday with the usual "sudo apt update" and after "sudo apt upgrade" from terminal, the system has updated the last version of driver of rtl8812au to the last version v5.6.4.2_35491.20191025, and after this update my USB wifi AC600 don't work, i can use the button wifi ON/OFF but in ON mode the led of my ISB AC600 is always in off mode and don't find connections, nothing of nothing.
In these 3 or 4 hours of time I have searched for guide and help, nothing, also i have searched and installed others drivers from others github links, or repository, but nothing i have always the same mesasge:
"Good news! Module version v5.6.4.2_35491.20191025 for 88XXau.ko
exactly matches what is already found in kernel 5.15.0-73-generic.
DKMS will not replace this module.
You may override by specifying --force."

I DON'T KNOW HOW USE --force, the command is complex, always is complex here, if i need of this help me TY

Also with different drivers repository/github i got always this message in "dkms status":
rtl8812au/5.6.4.2~ppa, 5.15.0-73-generic, x86_64: installed (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!)

Tested also install the last driver from menu'/admin/drivers, nothig, always the same problem..

Now i have removed all the tipe of directory from home, var/lib/dpkms (i don't remember correct adress), usr/lib/dkms (i don't remember correct adress), disable/removed driver also from menu'/admin/drivers.

Now with command "dkms status" i see only NVIDIA driver (all rtl8812 directory removed)
With commad for look if i have hardware/software block is always NO blocks, all is ok

I think that perhaps i need of force the update BUT i don't know ho to do, or pheraps i need to remove the driver from Kernel, BUT IDK how to do, or IDK easy.

Please help me how install the correct driver for my USB AC600 WIFI without problems all will work fine, also if u know a better driver suggest me it, and help me for the correct procedure.
For me don't is normal that with classic upgrade the new driver don't is compatible, don't work and block my USB wifi..
Thank you very much for all.
Last edited by LockBot on Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sleeper12
Level 21
Level 21

Re: With last upgrade my rtl8812au driver, my USB AC600 wifi don't work

Post by sleeper12 »

With the adapter plugged in, post:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxxxrz ; rfkill list ; lsusb ; mokutil --sb-state 
LINUXmintUSER
Level 1
Level 1

Re: With last upgrade my rtl8812au driver, my USB AC600 wifi don't work

Post by LINUXmintUSER »

sleeper12 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:32 am With the adapter plugged in, post:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxxxrz ; rfkill list ; lsusb ; mokutil --sb-state 
Tyvm for ur reply, i will keep a copy of this command for the next time this problem occurs in order to give the correct information immediately.
after 10 hours of attempts, various installations (failed to install) of drivers that cannot overwrite those installed in the firmware and needing the Internet.. I gave up..
I've used the solution (not the real solution to the problem) of using Timeshift, i reverted Linux Mint to 2 weeks ago, reverted the old rtl8812au drivers of "kelebek333" and everything is working again, meanwhile i permanently disabled futures updates for the rtl8812au drivers and for now everything is working again also with the last Kernel.
I understand that this is not a real solution to the problem, in fact the problem maybe will recur in the future when these drivers will no longer be compatible with a possible future new Kernel, that's why I wrote that I will take into consideration your command to give more new info.
Thank you for your reply, it's nice to know that when you need someone there is always someone willing to help, thank you very much for everything.

Return to “Networking”