Lost menu bar 'Flags' SOLVED:

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lloydbiker
Level 1
Level 1

Lost menu bar 'Flags' SOLVED:

Post by Lloydbiker »

I have 3 systems (2 laptops, 1 desktop-Main), all running Linux Mint MATE 21.1 'Vera'[
IMG_3542.JPG
is the 'Desktop' (Minus the 'running apps' flags) with 'Firefox' running.
IMG_3541.JPG
is laptop1 with 'Firefox' and 'Update Manager' apps running.
attachment=0]IMG_3542.JPG[/attachment] is laptop2 with 'Firefox' running.
Oops, the text listings don't match the pics, but you can see what I'm missing from my 'Main' computer
Can anyone help with a detailed step-by-step to get those 'Flags' re-instated on my 'Desktop' (Main) computer?
Attachments
IMG_3540.JPG
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
billyswong
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Lost menu bar 'Flags'

Post by billyswong »

If you don't do any customization on the panel, the fastest way is to right click on the empty space > "Reset All Panels".
Or if you got some customization that you want to keep, you shall already know right click > "Add to Panel..." > "Window List"
Lloydbiker
Level 1
Level 1

Re: SOLVED: Lost menu bar 'Flags'

Post by Lloydbiker »

SOLVED: Would you believe, while the 'Forums' were down, I continued poking and making things worse, eventually losing the bottom 'Menu' bar?
So, I started with 'Add to panel' for 'Mint menu' (added to top bar, so I 'Moved' it to bottom bar, and 'Locked to panel'). All proceeded well until I got to 'open a terminal' and couldn't find what I needed (using 'compact menu'). By this point, I was accustomed to the 'right click,> add to panel> move > lock to panel' routine. I wondered what 'Right click > reset all panels' would do, so I tried it. (Last night)
HOO-AHH! Everything back where it originally appeared, and all is well.
This morning, with 'Forums' back on line, I read the post by billyswong .
Thanks, that was it, and GOLDEN!
Last edited by Lloydbiker on Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lloydbiker
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Lost menu bar 'Flags' SOLVED:

Post by Lloydbiker »

Note: All three systems are 'As installed' from USB stick, with 'Firefox' browser and 'Redshift' added to 'Startup apps' . Two are 'Dual boot' with Windows10 (500Gb HDD), while the mini-laptop is Mono-boot Linux Mint (only 64Gb total non-expandable memory). It's sufficient for emails/ browsing, while traveling.
Lloydbiker
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Lost menu bar 'Flags' SOLVED:

Post by Lloydbiker »

I just figured out: I started out on my replacement of the lost 'Menu panel' with the 'Compact Menu' instead of the 'Classic Menu', thus the problem with finding and 'Adding' the 'Terminal' icon.
But, the ' Right click> Reset all panels' as noted by billyswong was the ultimate solution.

Return to “MATE”