How to change style of panel? (solved)

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

How to change style of panel? (solved)

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

When I installed Mint 21.1 Cinnamon on my new desktop computer, I had a choice of two different styles of panels. I don't remember which one I chose (Modern, maybe?) but I'm not happy with it and would like to change to the other one. Other than having to reinstall (yikes! :shock: ), how can change the style of the panel?
Last edited by LockBot on Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Re: How to change style of panel? (solved)

I finally found out how. Go to the Welcome screen, First Steps, then make the change there. However, It wiped out many of my panel icons so I get to start over putting them back. Oh well...
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Post by JosephM »

As you found out, that button in the Welcome screen changes a whole lot of settings in one go :) If you have anything set up just the way you like I'd stay away from those. In case you aren't aware, everything that Mint Welcome does can be done in Cinnamon settings one thing at a time.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

JosephM wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:47 pm As you found out, that button in the Welcome screen changes a whole lot of settings in one go :) If you have anything set up just the way you like I'd stay away from those. In case you aren't aware, everything that Mint Welcome does can be done in Cinnamon settings one thing at a time.
Thanks! Where can I find cinnamon settings?
Jeannie

JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Post by JosephM »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:54 pm
JosephM wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:47 pm As you found out, that button in the Welcome screen changes a whole lot of settings in one go :) If you have anything set up just the way you like I'd stay away from those. In case you aren't aware, everything that Mint Welcome does can be done in Cinnamon settings one thing at a time.
Thanks! Where can I find cinnamon settings?
It's just System Settings in the menu. If I remember correctly, the welcome app changes all your themes (applications, icons, cinnamon) and some of the panel applets that are being used like the which window list applet. Those of course can be set in the Applet settings.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
motoryzen
Level 10
Level 10

Post by motoryzen »

adding to JosephM's point...

Also terminal command or alt+F2 command of cinnamon-settings
Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 5.8.4
asrock x570 taichi ...bios p5.00
ryzen 5900x
128GB Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz
Corsair mp600 pro xt NVME ssd 4TB
three 4TB ssds
dual 1TB ssds
Two 16TB Toshiba hdd's
24GB amd 7900xtx vid card