Keyboard issues

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Saxdude1987

Keyboard issues

Post by Saxdude1987 »

I am not sure if this topic has been posted or not but here it goes:

I have been using Mint 8-Main Edition on my computer. Before this Ubuntu. However, the problem I have had in both of them is that my keys keep on getting "stuck". As in both operating systems would think a key is still being held but it isn't.

If anyone as a suggestion, please let me know. Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Keyboard issues

Post by richyrich »

Can you duplicate this error with a different keyboard ?
Saxdude1987

Post by Saxdude1987 »

I have loaded Mint and Ubuntu on my previous computer before but I never had this issue. I am running a HP Pavilion DV5000 laptop now.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Yes, it's not Mint or Ubuntu that is the problem . . it's your keyboard.
And now that I know it is a laptop, I suggest that it may be best to take it to a reputable repair shop, to be disassembled, and cleaned.

The owners manual may have suggestions/instructions to clean the keyboard too.
Saxdude1987

Post by Saxdude1987 »

Thank you. I was thinking that as well. But wanted to double check for sure.

Return to “Beginner Questions”