Helena KDE ideas

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
deleted

Re: Helena KDE ideas

Post by deleted »

Sure, but that results pretty much in installing 64 bit gnome, then KDE.
I will keep that in mind, tho.
Thanks
-h
bobcollard

Post by bobcollard »

hinto wrote:Sure, but that results pretty much in installing 64 bit gnome, then KDE.
I will keep that in mind, tho.
Thanks
-h
Well if you have a problem with space it could be a problem, yes. So far Mint 8 is not out with KDE. I don't care for Gnome, so I made a choice. I did the same thing with Ubuntu. See, if KDE goes on the blink when you upgrade like it has in the past then you can fall back on Gnome. I have them on two partitions on my HD, Ubuntu and Mint. Just explaining not trying to sell my point of view.
zole052

Post by zole052 »

Maybe install chromium (or add chromium repo by default), many people use it (incuding me) and is very good and fast alredy...
bobcollard

Post by bobcollard »

zole052 wrote:Maybe install chromium (or add chromium repo by default), many people use it (incuding me) and is very good and fast alredy...
I wasn't aware Chromium was out for Linux yet. I'm on their mailing list and never got the word. Do you have a link?
zole052

Post by zole052 »

bobcollard wrote:
zole052 wrote:Maybe install chromium (or add chromium repo by default), many people use it (incuding me) and is very good and fast alredy...
I wasn't aware Chromium was out for Linux yet. I'm on their mailing list and never got the word. Do you have a link?
Its not finished but work very good and many people i know including myself use it as their main browser...
zole052

Post by zole052 »

Add firmware for dvb tv card from jaunty. In jaunty /lib/firmware you have 21 firmwares for dvb cards and in karmic only 2. I had to copy my firmware from jaunty to karmic to watch the tv...
Last edited by zole052 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

I have added the chromium repo.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
mararual

Post by mararual »

The Beta channel for Linux was release a couple of days ago, with extension enabled by default and works pretty good. I've been using the dev channel for about 3 months. This beta is pretty stable and fast.

http://www.google.com/chrome?platform=linux
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

I should make something different with usplash! i don't like the kubuntu and ubuntu ones. And a control center like mandriva or opensuse for the future???
tonyric

Post by tonyric »

Bagheera wrote:I should make something different with usplash! i don't like the kubuntu and ubuntu ones. And a control center like mandriva or opensuse for the future???
That is a BUTT load of work. See pclinuxos for the amount of work they put into it. I woul dtake on additional coders for that if you are looking to go in that direction.
dbojan

Post by dbojan »

gnome mint menu, if not default, at least as plasmoid
different boot splash screen. kde icon is way bigger in kde splash. in fact kde boot splash screen could be booted out of distro.
vlovjz

Post by vlovjz »

I'm willing to help with the graphics if you still need help with that. Hit me up for what you still need.
Airdack

Post by Airdack »

Perhaps next to Chromium the browser 'Iron' could be included, this is basically the same browser but some stuff has been removed that might comprise the privacy of the user. I am using it, and although it is a bit unstable it works fine most of the time, and I think it's even faster than chromium! Website is here: http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

ps. this is not meant as advertisement or whatsoever, and if unwanted I can remove the link.
travelinrob

Post by travelinrob »

@Boo

I like the way Mint Main and Fluxbox have a similar color scheme and style. I was expecting Mint KDE to have the same consistency, not blue. To me it looks more like Mandriva. I realize everything is customizable, but I really like the "Mint" grayish-green look.

Rob

Return to “Software & Applications”