Linux Mint YouTube Chanel

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
johonunu

Linux Mint YouTube Chanel

Post by johonunu »

What do you think about creating a Linux Mint chanel on youtube ? There would be videos with tutorials on using Linux Mint, maybe sections for using most common linux programs (such as OpenOffice, GIMP,...), reviews of new linux programs and that kind of things. I think this is a good idea and good way to promote Linux Mint ! What do you think ?
thx1138

Re: Linux Mint YouTube Chanel

Post by thx1138 »

Good idea. Combine that with the idea of a webzine that appeared a few days back: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=163&t=29010
johonunu

Post by johonunu »

It was my idea and I say as opendaily : "go for it !" ;) But it would be nice to ask Clem or Husse !
clhodapp

Post by clhodapp »

A while back, there was an effort called the "Linux Mint Screencast Project" (http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=579). Its aim was to provided videos that showed users how to complete basic tasks on their computer. Though it has pretty much died without producing any real content (mostly due to a lack of communication between its members), I imagine that there are still a lot of people interested in making videos. I'll bring this to the attention of the rest of the team.
antoraa

Post by antoraa »

How to download movies from Youtube and other streaming services? Does anyone know how to download the movies and other videos from the streaming services like youtube?
Last edited by antoraa on Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aevum

Post by Aevum »

This should not be a topic where to post in, though, the fastest way to Download videos for YouTube is to open the video, let it load until the end, then browse your computer till you're in the tmp folder, simply move the Flashsomething file to your desktop (I don't recall the name specifically, but you'll recognize it from its thumbnail, it will be a part of th YouTube video you're on).

Great idea, by the way.
Koninator

Post by Koninator »

To download videos from you tube use Mozilla add-on Download Helper.
But is there any good screen capture in Linux ?
I'm using "istanbul desktop session recorder" but it crashes a lot. And i think project is dead.

As for Mint Channel, i think it is a good idea. ( but there should be only one mint channel, at least official one )
spikefromnyc

Post by spikefromnyc »

GREAT IDEA...BRILLIANT~!

with all the other useless garbage on YouTube flourishing daily, your idea is what is exactly and desperately needed!!

But, sadly as clhodapp said before:
..it has pretty much died without producing any real content (mostly due to a lack of communication between its members)

Isn't it typical of experienced users on ANY OS System...wait until its popularity or community grows, then join in & pretend they were the original innovators of its implementation!

eventhough I am still contemplating over installing Linux Mint 8 on my horrible Wind-Vista 7 system, I would be in favor of anything that would help the new users on installing, maintaining, improving their Linux Mint OS...instead of championing the segregationist attitude of the Apple community and their overly-expensive product(s)!

Spike~~ :roll:
GhoS

Post by GhoS »

I agree it would be helpful. There is one guy OSGUIshow who has started doing videos focusing on Mint8 that I have watched some, but aside from installation there usually isn't much I can find for videos on Mint.
tower

Post by tower »

www.keepvid.com will allow you to download Youtube vids
Just copy the web address of the video you are watching from the browser navigation bar and paste it into the Keepvid search bar, select Youtube as the place you want to download from.
If you want mpeg just change the file extension from flv to mpeg, it will do the rest.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”