SOLVED:Can only 'REPLY' to the bottom 'Notification', How to answer others?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
2xtrm
Level 1
Level 1

SOLVED:Can only 'REPLY' to the bottom 'Notification', How to answer others?

Post by 2xtrm »

Need tip on answering 'NOTIFICATIONS'. My last post listed many messages and at the bottom I hit the 'REPLY' button and could message the last message ... how, please do you change and reply to the other messages??? I am 'Legally Blind' and I have magnifying glasses laying and hanging everywhere, Sherlock Holmes syndrome, but I have been this way for years, hereditary had a go at surgery made it worse, mixed results with 6? others in family , tried different things. But I am use to it and you won't hurt my feelings, just some guidance.

Yes I felt bad because I couldn't respond to the other people who took the time to answer my questions. And I wanted to thank 'SMG'? I think, who graciously or maybe they were muttering "Damn Newbs" under their breath as they attacked their keyboard, to fix the incorrect way that I formatted my post. Thank you. CB
Last edited by LockBot on Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"The only way is through" CB
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Can only 'REPLY' to the bottom 'Notification', How to answer others?

Post by SMG »

2xtrm wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:32 pm Need tip on answering 'NOTIFICATIONS'. My last post listed many messages and at the bottom I hit the 'REPLY' button and could message the last message ... how, please do you change and reply to the other messages???
To reply to individual post, you would click the quote button on the post. It is the right-most button on a post and looks like this
quoteButton.png
quoteButton.png (599 Bytes) Viewed 885 times
2xtrm wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:32 pmI am 'Legally Blind' and I have magnifying glasses laying and hanging everywhere, Sherlock Holmes syndrome, but I have been this way for years, hereditary had a go at surgery made it worse, mixed results with 6? others in family , tried different things. But I am use to it and you won't hurt my feelings, just some guidance.
There is an Accessibility app which comes with Linux Mint. On the Visibility tab of that app is an option to Enable Zoom under Desktop Zoom. Maybe you will find one of those options helpful.
2xtrm wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:32 pm And I wanted to thank 'SMG'?
You're welcome. :)
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
2xtrm
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Can only 'REPLY' to the bottom 'Notification', How to answer others?

Post by 2xtrm »

Thank you very much, and now I believe I should go put SOLVED. Have a nice weekend!
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Re: SOLVED:Can only 'REPLY' to the bottom 'Notification', How to answer others?

Post by AndyMH »

There is also VMG in software manager, might help you:
Screenshot from 2023-09-03 19-28-10.png
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
2xtrm
Level 1
Level 1

Re: SOLVED:Can only 'REPLY' to the bottom 'Notification', How to answer others?

Post by 2xtrm »

I will give that software a try, appreciate it. CB

Return to “Non-technical Questions”