Places shortcuts

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jijiya
Level 1
Level 1

Places shortcuts

Post by Jijiya »

The folder shortcuts under places in the menu has stopped working and I am not too sure why or how to fix it. I am having a difficult time finding any information about this, so I am posting it here. This happens to every folder link under places inside the mint menu, home,computer,trash,desktop.

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Places shortcuts

Post by all41 »

In the left column heading click the button named 'jen' and in the drop-down choose Places.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
Jo-con-Ël
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Jo-con-Ël »

It looks like you are trying to open folders/directories with text editor (xed) so that warning/error is normal.
Captura de pantalla de 2023-10-05 20-37-16.png
Be sure you didn't change preffered application to open folders(caja) to text editor on Menu>Preferences>Preferred applications>System>File Manager
Arrieritos semos y en el camino nos encontraremos.
Jijiya
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Jijiya »

Jo-con-Ël wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:42 pm It looks like you are trying to open folders/directories with text editor (xed) so that warning/error is normal.
Captura de pantalla de 2023-10-05 20-37-16.png
Be sure you didn't change preffered application to open folders(caja) to text editor on Menu>Preferences>Preferred applications>System>File Manager

I did lol I don't know how this happened. I don't remember doing this. thanks.

Return to “MATE”