How do I remove Universal Access Preferences?[SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
x0fx3

How do I remove Universal Access Preferences?[SOLVED]

Post by x0fx3 »

I have the Universal Access Preferences stuck in my notificon section of my panel even after unchecking if from the startup list. How do I get it from showing up? I've logged out and restarted and its still there.

Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
adrian_badertscher

Re: How do I remove Universal Access Preferences?

Post by adrian_badertscher »

Hi,

Sorry, but what do you mean with 'universal access preferences'? Which Mint version, and which window manager (plus version) do you use?

Thank you for answering.
rmockler

Post by rmockler »

Go to Control Center, Keyboard and click on the Accessibility tab. Then remove the check from the top line, Accessibility features can be toggled.....
The icon will disappear.
x0fx3

Post by x0fx3 »

rmockler wrote:Go to Control Center, Keyboard and click on the Accessibility tab. Then remove the check from the top line, Accessibility features can be toggled.....
The icon will disappear.
That did it! At first I was thinking you meant the option in the preferred application settings. Thanks

adrian_badertscher wrote:Hi,

Sorry, but what do you mean with 'universal access preferences'? Which Mint version, and which window manager (plus version) do you use?

Thank you for answering.
I am using Mint 8 x64 and Gnome (not sure the version of Gnome, but whatever came with Mint 8.)

Return to “Beginner Questions”