(SOLVED)media player with autoresume

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jude13

(SOLVED)media player with autoresume

Post by jude13 »

a basic question please---- im using linux mint 8

i need a media / audio player which autoresumes the music playlist on starting it...

iv tried vlc-- does not save playlists due to a bug with ubuntu.. iv tried qt-4 method but its not working for me..
amarok is lagging on my machine..

please suggest a basic music player with multiple playlist capacities and autoresume functions.. or a workaround for vlc... thank you!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: media player with autoresume

Post by richyrich »

Too bad you don't like Amarok, as the auto-resume feature works perfectly for me. (Amarok version 2.2.2 Mint 8 kde)
jude13

Post by jude13 »

in a way im glad to hear that coz i want good playlist management and autoresume features... i ll give it a go again... it somehow was very laggy the last i installed it... also it kept asking me to set up some kwallet app everytime i started it and thats annoying me....
thanx richyrich....
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

What I have done with that kwallet, is when it first pops up, leave the passwords blank, click okay, it will warn you about unsecure password, click okay . . and that darn thing is gone . . :)
jude13

Post by jude13 »

ah thats the trick eh... m gonna try it out again then... hope it doesnt lag like the last time i tried...

an i really liked your name and icon :wink:
jude13

Post by jude13 »

amarok works great for autoresume !! ... your kwallet advice was much needed... :mrgreen:

i had to do a bit o' googlin to install ffmpeg otherwise my formats werent getting recognised...
also it doesnt have a windowshade or mini mode....

iv been trying out audacious and really liking it... lets see which one fits my needs the best...

thank you again!

Return to “Sound”