Cinnamon Spices tutorials

About programming and getting involved with Linux Mint development
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SmoothBrainApe
Level 1
Level 1

Cinnamon Spices tutorials

Post by SmoothBrainApe »

Anyone here can point me to a good place to learn writing cinnamon spices?

I was able to make the xkill applet from the docs but I still have no clue how to proceed from there. I have very little knowledge on javascript so if anyone can point me to how to integrate python to applets/desklets that would be fantastic.

I want to contribute to the linux mint community by creating free applets and desklets for everyone but I do not know how to proceed. Thanks!
Last edited by SMG on Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Open Chat to Programming & Development.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Cinnamon Spices tutorials

Post by Hoser Rob »

I don't think such a thing as a Cinnamon Spice writing tutorial exists and if it did I'm pretty sure they would assume that you already know how to write javascript code. Assuming that javascript would be all you would need, which I wouldn't.

If you want to learn programming start with python or perl.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Cinnamon Spices tutorials

Post by JosephM »

There aren't really many tutorials for this. The best way to learn is looking at ones that already exist. A few of the default ones are fairly simple. Using Javascript is pretty much a necessity and the only language you need.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.

Return to “Programming & Development”