Multi-Monitor setup guide to switch back to Linux Mint

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Question about Xorg.conf and disabling Cinnamon Settings Deamon Xrandr

Post by SMG »

attishno1 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:42 pmKindly tell me how I can disable Cinnamon Setting Deamon Xrandr like we used to in the previous versions.
I have no idea how to disable it. I never heard of anyone disabling it in versions prior to LM21 and didn't even know it could be disabled.

Just like everyone else on this forum, I am a Linux Mint user who volunteers their time to help others. I don't have the time or a reason to be doing any more research on this issue, especially given how uncooperative you have been about providing information. I also don't currently have the hardware to try and replicate the situation.

Good luck figuring it out.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
attishno1
Level 1
Level 1

Post by attishno1 »

SMG wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:15 pm
attishno1 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:42 pmKindly tell me how I can disable Cinnamon Setting Deamon Xrandr like we used to in the previous versions.
I have no idea how to disable it. I never heard of anyone disabling it in versions prior to LM21 and didn't even know it could be disabled.

Just like everyone else on this forum, I am a Linux Mint user who volunteers their time to help others. I don't have the time or a reason to be doing any more research on this issue, especially given how uncooperative you have been about providing information. I also don't currently have the hardware to try and replicate the situation.

Good luck figuring it out.
Thank you very much. I do not understand how I have been uncooperative. I just asked how I can disable Cinnamon Settings Deamon Xrandr like we could do in previous versions on the latest version of Cinnamon.

Due to changes in Muffin, I believe that the settings are hidden somewhere now. I will continue to search and help people regarding this issue if I find a solution. Cinnamon is 100% ignoring xorg.conf. I have tested it even on a fresh install. In previous versions, disabling Cinnamon Setting Deamon Xrandr from Autostart forced Cinnamon to read the values present in xorg.conf

The link is here: https://gist.github.com/JonasAlfredsson ... 1deb00da9f

The setting is just gone.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

attishno1 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:05 amI do not understand how I have been uncooperative.
I asked for system information and you have still not provided it. Additionally, when I asked for Cinnamon version instead of giving the full installed version you abbreviated to say 5.8. That third digit can let us know whether or not the system is fully updated as some people who when they finally posted their information discovered theirs was not (for a variety of reasons--not all because they didn't run updates).

Many times when people post their information members here can suggest other ways to achieve the goal. Without information, that is not possible.
attishno1 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:05 amThe link is here: https://gist.github.com/JonasAlfredsson ... 1deb00da9f
I read that link and I see clearly stated:
Gnome
Version > 3.1.3

The option to disable individual plugins was removed in newer versions. Seems to be handled by Mutter now.
and I previously posted in this topic:
SMG wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:27 pm In the LM 21 release, Cinnamon was rebased against a newer version of Mutter and a number of changes were made. Considering the significant number of changes due to the rebase, it is quite likely you are wanting to disable something which no longer exists in the form it did in the past (if it still does exist at all).
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Cinnamon”