Counter Strike 2 awful performance issues

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Urosh
Level 1
Level 1

Counter Strike 2 awful performance issues

Post by Urosh »

I have recently installed mint because i broke Fedora with terminal commands(im pretty new to linux)

On fedora i had the same issue, i used x11 windowing system and cs2 ran pretty bad, 170 fps less than on windows on average.

I have done everything ro set up linux Mint as good as possible, i installed drivers via driver manager, updated everything i had and then i downloaded Cs2. (It was right after install)

But when i started the first match fps was really bad considering my hardware, it ran constantly under 60 fps on high settings however lowering graphics just makes things worse.

My pc specs:
Mint x64 bit version
GTX 1660 Super with proprietary 535.129.03 drivers
Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2Ghz 6 cores 12 threads
1255 gigs of storage
8gb of ram
ShyGuy
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Counter Strike 2 awful performance issues

Post by ShyGuy »

Any difference in performance if you add -vulkan or -high to the launch options?
Urosh
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Urosh »

Unfortunately, no
magic_missile
Level 1
Level 1

Post by magic_missile »

Many people report awful performance on the native linux version of CS2, myself included. I think Valve just did a terrible job with the CS2 linux release, and there is not much you can do except getting an even better PC to compensate.

Return to “Gaming”