LMDE 6 fresh install stops or hangs

Questions about Grub, the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pajc
Level 1
Level 1

LMDE 6 fresh install stops or hangs

Post by pajc »

Have tried installing from fresh ISO LMDE6 on system that run's LMDE5.
Also erased drive, removing partitions, tried 2 different systems.
The install either just stop back to live screen. If shutdows/reboot won't boot.
another error is [Errno 20] Not a directory:'/run/live/medium/live/filesystem.packages-remove'
if there was partitions on drive.
again If shutdows/reboot won't boot.
Virtual install works, also LMDE upgrade from 5 to 6 is good on system i tried.
:roll:
sv1grb
Level 1
Level 1

Re: LMDE 6 fresh install stops or hangs

Post by sv1grb »

I had a similar message that the "packages-remove" could not found while installing the 32bit version on an old netbook.
At first the bootable USB was created using rufus.
The second time that I created the bootable USB using balenaetcher everything was fine and the installation completed successful.
pajc
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pajc »

Thank you :) sv1grb
Worked great
pepsiman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pepsiman »

If you need/want to use Rufus, choose "dd mode" when flashing the USB boot drive. Surely, balenaEtcher is great: it is very straightforward and it does a great job, but sometimes you just can't or don't want to install a gargantuan Electron app to write an image to a USB drive.
FadeFX
Level 1
Level 1

Post by FadeFX »

Anyone tried Rufus 4.3beta like recommended here: https://github.com/linuxmint/live-insta ... 1761260509

I will give it a run when I find time, but it will take me some days as I am quite busy that week
sharpshooterofky
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sharpshooterofky »

pepsiman wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:32 am If you need/want to use Rufus, choose "dd mode" when flashing the USB boot drive. Surely, balenaEtcher is great: it is very straightforward and it does a great job, but sometimes you just can't or don't want to install a gargantuan Electron app to write an image to a USB drive.
yep he's right!! DD mode worked great, even though I couldn't see the drive in windows, it booted right up and the install went great and completed!! Thanks pepsiman!!

Return to “Installation & Boot”