Linux Mint 8 Fluxbox released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 8 Fluxbox released!

Post by clem »

The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 8 “Helena” Fluxbox Community Edition. Quick steps: Download the ISO or the torrent. While it’s downloading look at the overview of the new features in Linux Mint 8 Fluxbox CE, read the User Guide and make sure to quickly go through the known issues. After the ISO [...]
Read more: http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=1271

Clem.
snodgrss1984

Re: Linux Mint 8 Fluxbox released!

Post by snodgrss1984 »

how do we upgrade from rc1
tonyric

Post by tonyric »

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade should just about do it.
verizon123

Post by verizon123 »

Fluxbox is faster than the Main edition. However, despite many attempts I could not get a display of my home network. I did get another computer to detect the Mint computer. This is the reason I rejected XUbuntu, so I reinstalled Mint8 Main.
Last edited by verizon123 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
snodgrss1984

Post by snodgrss1984 »

thank you
gregb49

Post by gregb49 »

'tis good, even on my 500MHz, 250MB 12 year old Compaq laptop. It took many hours to install though, due to my 8 year old CD/DVD combo drive dying during the attempt. I'm impressed that it works so well on such an old computer.
blklime

Post by blklime »

Hello everyone, I'm a new Linux user, but I do have to appreciate the effort put into the Helena edition. I suits my perfectly, would definitely lessen the animation that takes a lot of processor space, but thats just the trademark of a KDE Desktop, LoL!
reverendB

Post by reverendB »

Thanks for this great fluxbox mint!!!!!!!!! GREAT!!!!!!! 8)
Jstuck044

Post by Jstuck044 »

Just installed the final release at the moment and loaded it up with my usual software. Works great, performs fast (well actually, it screams since I have it on my Compaq machine with Nvidia Graphics). Gonna install on the other desktop and my two laptops and give more feedback as necessary....
jsmthjsmith83

Post by jsmthjsmith83 »

There are newly and latest version of linux mint 8 released,the systems support following programing language kompozer - WYSIWYG HTML editor, similar to Macromedia Dreamweaver, but not as feature-rich ,bluefish - text editor, suitable for many programming and markup languages Quanta Plus web development environment, including a WYSIWYG editor,that will be very helpful to know about system.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”