[SOLVED] I can't set a Flames Hot shortcut

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Covenauta
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] I can't set a Flames Hot shortcut

Post by Covenauta »

Hello, I was trying to create a shortcut for flame hot to replace the default screenshot app in XFC I used the command "flameshot gui" as the git shows, but it pops up an error, I tested the command and it says that the app is not installed as well, but as you can see in the images I have it, I've installed it by the mint store. What is happening? How can I solve it?

Last edited by Covenauta on Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
diam0ndkiller
Level 2
Level 2

Re: I can't set a Flames Hot shortcut

Post by diam0ndkiller »

Hey there,
could you have the Flatpak Version of the app installed? That one is available in the Software Manager as well and doesn't install files to the default folders which makes the command not work. You could check by right-click and edit the app shortcut in your menu or looking the installed version up in the Software Manager. If you do have that version, you could either remove it and install the one from the repositories instead or copy the command line from the menu entry to use instead of "flameshot" in your shortcut.
Hope this helps. :)
Linux Mint Xfce 21 | CalyxOS 5.4.1 | Raspberry Pi OS 11
Covenauta
Level 1
Level 1

Re: I can't set a Flames Hot shortcut

Post by Covenauta »

Thanks! It works! I new in this Linux's word and did not knew that about the flatpaks. :D :lol:

Return to “Xfce”