Where can I get Photoshop

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
abigailyoung
Level 1
Level 1

Where can I get Photoshop

Post by abigailyoung »

I need to enhance a few of my art prints for an upcoming art exhibition at Miguel Camarena Art Gallery, and for this, I require Photoshop for a one-time job. Purchasing the software is an expensive option. Where can I get the Adobe Suite, and is it compatible with Linux?
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Where can I get Photoshop

Post by Moem »

The Adobe suite is not compatible with Linux. And illegal software is not an acceptable topic of conversation on this forum (just in case).
Have you tried any of the available Linux alternatives to make your adjustments?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wallyUSA »

abigailyoung wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:25 am I need to enhance a few of my art prints for an upcoming art exhibition at Miguel Camarena Art Gallery, and for this, I require Photoshop for a one-time job. Purchasing the software is an expensive option. Where can I get the Adobe Suite, and is it compatible with Linux?
Have you tried GIMP?
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-105 Cinn 6.0.4
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

wallyUSA wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:42 am
abigailyoung wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:25 am I need to enhance a few of my art prints for an upcoming art exhibition at Miguel Camarena Art Gallery, and for this, I require Photoshop for a one-time job. Purchasing the software is an expensive option. Where can I get the Adobe Suite, and is it compatible with Linux?
Have you tried GIMP?
Anything from Adobe will not be compatible with Linux.

GIMP would be the best option but, although it can pretty much do anything Photoshop can do, it does it in a radically different way and will have a steep learning curve which often scares away people who are used to Photoshop.

Still, I highly recommend it since it is free, you will own it instead of just "renting it", like Photoshop, and it works very well with Linux. It also isn't as buggy (mostly securitywise needing frequent updates) as anything from Adobe and what you create will not be shared with Adobe (or anyone else). The steep learning curve will be well worth climbing.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
abigailyoung
Level 1
Level 1

Post by abigailyoung »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:08 am
wallyUSA wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:42 am
Have you tried GIMP?
Anything from Adobe will not be compatible with Linux.

GIMP would be the best option but, although it can pretty much do anything Photoshop can do, it does it in a radically different way and will have a steep learning curve which often scares away people who are used to Photoshop.

Still, I highly recommend it since it is free, you will own it instead of just "renting it", like Photoshop, and it works very well with Linux. It also isn't as buggy (mostly securitywise needing frequent updates) as anything from Adobe and what you create will not be shared with Adobe (or anyone else). The steep learning curve will be well worth climbing.
Hey, thanks a bunch! I already have GIMP, but you know, the thing is, it just doesn't quite work the same way Photoshop does.
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pepi »

Might try https://pixlr.com/editor/ I find it nice to use
BenTrabetere
Level 7
Level 7

Post by BenTrabetere »

abigailyoung wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:26 am Hey, thanks a bunch! I already have GIMP, but you know, the thing is, it just doesn't quite work the same way Photoshop does.
Not to be contrary, but Photoshop doesn't quite work the same way my version (CS2) of Photoshop does.

That said, learning to use GIMP is not difficult. Yes, the workflow is different, but if you are proficient at Photoshop you should be able to pick up on the GIMP way of doing things. Enhancing a few of your art prints should not be difficult.

I used to use Photoshop to process photographs, and three years ago I forced myself to switch to GIMP. It took a few hours to get familiar with it, and a couple of weeks to get proficient at it. (The hardest part for me was replacing my collection of much needed PS actions.)
Patreon sponsor since August 2022

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”