Icon text is washed out... Where's the color setting? - SOLVED

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DougWa
Level 2
Level 2

Icon text is washed out... Where's the color setting? - SOLVED

Post by DougWa »

Linux Mint 21.2 Victoria (Mate) -
Hey smart people, what did I do wrong? I chose "Mint-X-Blue", and folders on the desktop are blue with white text underneath, but if I highlight one of the folders, its name field turns white and I can no longer read the text. It'd be great if I could change the text on the folder names to black instead of white.
???
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

SOLVED, not from here but from nic ComputerSavvy, a kind soul on reddit. One of the below settings changed the folder's text to blue, but I didn't pay attention to which. Copy/paste from there to help others if they find this thread via g0ogle:

Go back to Appearance Preferences. Under the Theme tab, click on Mint-X-Blue if you have not already have it selected.

Now click on the Customize button.

Under Controls, select Mint-Y-Blue, under Window Border, use whatever you like, I prefer Spidey-Left as it puts in larger buttons that are easier to click on and they also resemble the Windows control buttons.

Under Icons, select Mint-X-Blue.

Under Pointer, whatever you like, I prefer the classic DMZ (White).

That should give you a selected icon that has a good blue background with a contrasting white lettering which is easy to read.

If you use Firefox and when you highlight text with your mouse and it's green, you can set it to blue by changing this setting in Settings:

There are three easy ways to get to Settings, from the hamburger menu on the right side, from Edit in the upper left or typing in about:preferences in the address line.

Under the General category, scroll down to the Colors section and click on the manage colors button.

Click on the 'Use systems colors' check box and set the 'Override the colors specified by the page with your selections above' to Always OR with high contrast these, whichever is to your preference.

Now the highlighted text should be blue and not Mint green.

I hope these settings are to your liking.
Attachments
Image.jpg

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”