[SOLVED] When I copy paste a text it gets fragmented

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Covenauta
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] When I copy paste a text it gets fragmented

Post by Covenauta »

As the title say when I copy a long text form a source and paste it on any place the copied text appeared fragmented in lines without sense, it is annoying, I have tested in both LibreOffice and a normal text document and in the past I remember that it happens on Anki too. so I thinks is a system issue. it has solution? its normal on Mint? or should I reported it? Where?

In LibreOffice is not too notorious but happens as well when I delete the spaces I can see that there is enough space for more words.

Last edited by Covenauta on Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: When I copy paste a text it gets fragmented

Post by xenopeek »

Where are you copying from? Is that a PDF? Copying text from PDFs can be messy. You can try with a different PDF viewer, like you can also open PDFs in Firefox with its builtin PDF reader.
Covenauta
Level 1
Level 1

Re: When I copy paste a text it gets fragmented

Post by Covenauta »

Yes is a pdf. I tried with chatGPT I tell it to give me a long text that then I paste it on a text document and it works fine, so yes seems like the problem is on pdfs. I never have realized of that, thanks!

Return to “Xfce”