Any Good Desktop Pets/Games For Linux?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xXVampShawtyXx
Level 1
Level 1

Any Good Desktop Pets/Games For Linux?

Post by xXVampShawtyXx »

Hi there, I was wondering if there is any cool desktop pets for linux, since I really like those. Also desktop games similiar to something like desktop farm would be cool, any of those. I like having a desktop game so whenever I'm using visual studio code or something I can casually play the desktop game since it is basically an interactive wallpaper.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Any Good Desktop Pets/Games For Linux?

Post by Hoser Rob »

There are some apparently, there's one called oneko in the repos. Haven't tried it.

If I search "ubuntu desktop pets" most of the hits I get are way too old or look a but dodgy to me.

I suspect the ones available for Linux would look totally lame compared to the Windows ones anyway.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Steve Matthew
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Steve Matthew »

Hey! Absolutely, there are some cool desktop pets for Linux that you might enjoy. Consider checking out Bonsai Buddy or XScreenSaver for fun interactions. As for desktop games, xsnow or xpenguins could bring a playful touch to your workspace. They're not only entertaining but also add a unique vibe to your desktop experience. Happy exploring!
Isaac Harvey
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Isaac Harvey »

snow and penguins are top for me. I'm also waiting for them to add something else because I've already tried Bonsai Buddy, XScreenSaver, xsnow, and xpenguins.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”