Ayatana settings app - most options inactive

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jcoles
Level 2
Level 2

Ayatana settings app - most options inactive

Post by jcoles »

I'm trying to use the Ayatana indicators in MATE on LM 21.3. I installed several ayatana-indicator packages which work, but the Indicators app in the Control Centre is unable to configure anything beyond the Session tab. I cannot change to a different tab. All tabs are greyed-out and unresponsive.

I should add that the ayatana-indicator-session package is installed, but no session elements appear in my Ayatana indicator panel.

Perhaps there is a conflict with other indicator panel software. There are several such systems available: gnome, xfce, mate, and ayatana. The package manager is not always completely clear which package belongs to which system.

I read a How-to post on using Ayatana. There's one step I won't take: installing the Evolution bloatware. Is that a dealbreaker? That would be a pity. I like Ayatana's notifications log capability.
scjet45
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Ayatana settings app - most options inactive

Post by scjet45 »

Also,
When trying to compile Transmission 4.* on LM Mate 21.* I got conflicts between libappindicator3-1 and libayatana-appindicator3-1 ?!
Mint MATE appears to be going thru some changes that aren't very forthcoming.
MATE 21.3 | Lenovo Legion 5 17ACH6

Return to “MATE”