I've Messed Up Workspaces

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JerryC58
Level 4
Level 4

I've Messed Up Workspaces

Post by JerryC58 »

One day I decided I didn't need the work spaces icon in the task bar so I unpinned it. I think that's what I did but maybe I figured out how to delete it; It's been a while. Anyway, ever since then, whenever I start FireFox, it forces itself into workspace 2. I would like to get everything back the way it was when I installed LMDE, which was right after it came out. I have installed the upgrade.

What else do you need to know?
shedyed
Level 4
Level 4

Re: I've Messed Up Workspaces

Post by shedyed »

Have you tried with the USB live session to see if you can set it up once more? You didn't mention which desktop environment you were using, but giving us the details as explained in the pink bar above will let others move this thing along
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Post by spamegg »

When Firefox shows up in Workspace 2, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Left arrow to move it back to Workspace 1.

You can also press Ctrl+Alt+Up arrow to bring up the Workspace grid view, and move Firefox from Workspace 2 to Workspace 1 with your mouse by dragging.

You can find the Workspace switcher in Menu / Applets, and add it back by choosing it and pressing the "+" sign at the bottom.
JerryC58
Level 4
Level 4

Post by JerryC58 »

shedyed: I'm using the Cinnamon desktop. I thought about re-installing but I think spamegg's suggestion has fixed it.

spamegg: Your suggestion seems to have fixed my problem.

Thank you everybody for your time.

JC

Return to “Software & Applications”