Preferred Browser

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
NoHo Hank
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Preferred Browser

Post by NoHo Hank »

MikeNovember wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:37 am
NoHo Hank wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:32 pm
MikeNovember wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:11 pm "Preferred" is meaningless.
Further read: viewtopic.php?t=397740
thnx for the substantial information!
OK THANKS! We will have a look. Hope it is more reliable then the privacy.sexy. That caused a whole lot of troubles. But then using a google drive is kind of a bummer.
Demand technology that serves us - https://peoplevsbig.tech/
None of Your Business https://noyb.eu/en
Dullard du Jour
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Dullard du Jour »

Firefox only, for now. I did use Vivaldi but I am in a situation where to conduct business I need to show my location ( non VPN ) and Vivaldi does not provide geo-location. When I questioned Vivaldi about it, they replied that Mozilla no longer lets them use the Mozilla geo-location service for free and Vivaldi cannot afford to pay for the service. It is what it is.

I did try installing the Mullvad browser, however it did not like me as root, and not as root when trying to start the browser. Never figured out what I did wrong on the install, so gave up.

Will give ungoogled chrome a shot next.
MikeNovember
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MikeNovember »

NoHo Hank wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:59 pm
MikeNovember wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:37 am
NoHo Hank wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:32 pm
thnx for the substantial information!
OK THANKS! We will have a look. Hope it is more reliable then the privacy.sexy. That caused a whole lot of troubles. But then using a google drive is kind of a bummer.
Hi,

You can download the guide from my Google drive, from my personal website or from archive.org.
And, since I give the advice to use TorBrowser to download the guide, you are not exposed, whatever the solution you use.

Regards,

MN

Return to “Open Chat”