Mint 21 on MS Surface Pro 3 4/64GB version

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7
Location: Within 2,000 kilometres of Alice Springs, Australia

Re: Mint 21 on MS Surface Pro 3 4/64GB version

Post by rossdv8 »

Autorotate worked on Mint 21.2 Cinnamon but I've been messing with trying to get 21.2 Cinnamon working preperly on a couple of Desktops all week, so I haven't burned it to a Live Persistent USB stick yet to run it on a Surface.

I can;t see any reason the Mint team would have killed Autorotate though. I found it didn;t show until after the first time I went into Display Config and chose Rotate 90 deg.
nce I did that, an option came up to Toggle it. I had no intention of using the Camera so I didn;t even look to see if that worked.
I couldn;t think of any other things that might need a special Linux Kernel, so although I downloaded that some time ago, I haven't bothered with it.

Also, I haven't replaced Windows 10 and 11 on the Surface Pros either. I just boot live and install any Apps I want directly to the Live Image.
Current main OS: MInt 21.3 with KDE Plasma 5.27 (using Compiz as WM) - Kernel: 6.5.0-15 on Lenovo m900 Tiny, i5-6400T (intel HD 530 graphics) 16GB RAM.
Sharks usually only attack you if you are wet
Gedos
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Gedos »

Thanks for all the info. I am awaiting a pro 5 and intend to install Mint exclusively just to get a Linux tablet so that I can ditch my iPad Pro. I currently use mint on an old Lenovo L380 and have been impressed with its ease of use so I am looking forward to adding to my Mint experience.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

If it can be done, Ross can do it!

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”