Recommend me GBA & GBC Emulators on Android

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
featherlessbiped
Level 1
Level 1

Recommend me GBA & GBC Emulators on Android

Post by featherlessbiped »

Emulators in FDroid/NeoStore I tried:
> Lemuroid doesn't let you select a folder for your saves, and it deletes them all if you close out of it the wrong way or if you get a major system update.
> GameBoid & GBCoid won't let me navigate to an SD card, apparently because they're ancient.
> RetroArch has never worked for me on any platform, especially after it updates.

1. Has anyone tried paid emulators in the Google Play Store? Do you recommend any?
2. Does anyone recommend any emulators not in a store or repository app, such as on Github?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Recommend me GBA & GBC Emulators on Android

Post by Hoser Rob »

ANdroid Studio and Waydroid are the most recommended ones AFAIK. But I am totally unconvinced that any of them are all that good. Android may use a Linux kernel (with their own patches) but the wrapper is quite proprietary and closed source. Trying to emulate something like that involves reverse engineering and is really a bit hopeless.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
dave0808
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dave0808 »

I think the OP means emulators of something else, which run on Android. Rather than Android emulators that run on Linux.
featherlessbiped
Level 1
Level 1

Post by featherlessbiped »

dave0808 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:25 am I think the OP means emulators of something else, which run on Android. Rather than Android emulators that run on Linux.
Correct! Looking for Game Boy Advance & Game Boy Color emulators, developed for the Android platform.

Return to “Open Chat”